Thank you for sending me to Texas to visit Matt and Mandy! I did so many fun things and learned a lot about the Lone Star State! Texas was once its own country for almost ten years until it became the 28th state to join the United States in 1845. Texas is the second largest state in the country, behind Alaska. Texas is home to five of the top 20 largest cities in the country (Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin). Texas also has some of the best sports teams around – the Dallas Cowboys (football), Dallas Mavericks (basketball), Texas Rangers (baseball), Dallas Stars (hockey), San Antonio Spurs (basketball) and Houston Astros (baseball).
I went on lots of adventures. The first thing I got to do was visit the longhorns in Fort Worth. They were huge! Some of their horns stretch up to six feet across! I was even lucky enough to ride one! Giddy up!
I also got to experience a real-life Texas thunderstorm. The sky was so black and the thunder was so loud! I even got to see the baseball-sized hail that dinged up cars and roofs. Two tornadoes touched down close to where I was staying, but we were safe. We went to see the damage a few days later – big semi-trucks and buildings were all twisted and torn up. I’m glad it didn’t get us!
Matt and Mandy also took me out to visit the Bluebonnet Trail. Bluebonnets are the official state flower of Texas and they grow along the freeways and in huge open fields! There were acres and acres full of them! They only grow in the wild in Texas in April, so I was lucky to get to see them!
I also went on my first plane ride, to Denver, Colorado. Mandy had a business trip and I got to tag along. The plane ride was fun. I also got to go eat at a really fun restaurant, Texas de Brazil. Did you see how much food I ate?? I couldn’t eat one more thing after that dinner.
I had such a fun time in Texas but I can’t wait to get back home to Idaho. I’ll see you all soon!
Flat Tanner





No comments:
Post a Comment